VILA VITA Parc Resort & Spa, the Algarve’s most prestigious resort, will host some of the world’s best culinary stars this spring during the VILA VITA Fine Wines & Food Fair.
This year’s event will occur for over nine days from 5-13 May and will include a program of inspiring gastronomic experiences, with a series of exclusive themed dinners with VILA VITA Parc’s own culinary mastermind from Ocean restaurant, Hans Neuner. He will be cooking alongside an impressive line-up of international chef talents and top winemakers as well as gourmet producers. This celebration of gastronomy takes place every two years at the luxury property, which is located in a picturesque clifftop setting on the enchanted Algarve coast.
You might also be interested in reading: Miami Yacht Show 2019: What To Expect This Year
This year the list of international chefs is varied with many talents coming from several corners of Europe, as well as from Portugal too. The full list includes names such as:
- Thomas Allan from The Modern in New York, US
- Christian Bau*** from Victor’s Fine Dining in Saarland, Germany
- Jan Hartwig*** from Atelier in Munich, Germany
- Jacob-Jan Boerma*** from De Leest in The Netherlands
- Annie Féolde*** from Enoteca Pinchiorri in Florence, Italy
- Karlheinz Hauser** from Restaurant Seven Seas in Hamburg, Germany
- Dieter Koschina** from Vila Joya, in the Algarve, Portugal
- Nigel Haworth* from Northcote in Lancashire, UK
- Fritz Helfesrieder* from Gasthof zum Storchen in Bad Krozingen, Germany
- Roberto Carturan* from Ristorante Alfredo in Cologne, Germany
- Daniele Perillo* from Gusto by Heinz Beck, in the Algarve, Portugal
- João Oliveira* from Vista Restaurant, in the Algarve, Portugal
- Ljubomir Stanisic from 100 Maneiras in Lisbon, Portugal
All of these culinary masterminds will cook alongside Hans Neuner in the resort’s two Michelin-starred Ocean and Atlantico restaurants. This event will be directed for intimate audiences of between 30 to 80 diners, with prices starting from €310 per person including the wines and a selection of amuse-bouches.
The week will kick-off with a traditional Portuguese Assado, a new edition to this year’s program, taking place on the 5th of May at Herdade dos Grous, VILA VITA Parc’s own organic farm and vineyard located in the neighboring Alentejo region. Wine aficionados will also be able to attend some extraordinary masterclass workshops conducted by some of the most renowned winemakers in the world.
You may also like: Have A Look At Our Top 5 Best Superyacht Staircases
Another relevant highlight of the festival is the lively Kitchen Party. This consists of a true epicurean celebration, starting on Saturday 11th of May in the VILA VITA Clubhouse, featuring the guest chefs and winemakers working together to create culinary magic for over 500 guests. The ticket prices for this part of the event start from €295 per person.
Gastronomy is at the heart of the VILA VITA Parc experience with 11 innovative dining venues to choose from ranging from the casual beachside dining and rustic, some regional Portuguese plates to one-of-a-kind culinary creations at the two Michelin-starred restaurants and with some inventive Japanese cuisine in the middle. There is a strong emphasis on using only the freshest, seasonal local ingredients with the majority of produce sourced from sister farm, Herdade dos Grous.